This is a running list of resources I use to manage and grow my business, along with some free tools you can use in your marketing at your practice. I hope they are useful to you as well!
Free Practice Marketing Tools You Can Start Using Today
(Even the Private Ones)
- Annual Budget Calendar Template – This sheet is designed as a template to help you track your marketing spend.
- Lead Tracking Spreadsheet Template – This sheet is designed as a template to help you track your inbound leads on phone and internet.
- Seasonal Marketing Themes – Want fresh themes for your marketing campaigns? Use this sheet so your creative never goes stale.
- Live Radio Talent Launch Content Template – Endorser radio can be a highly effective marketing channel (Yes, even in our digital age. Terrestrial radio isn’t going anywhere!). But you want to make sure to start on the right foot (and stay out of hot water) when you add talent endorser. Use this template to set yourself up for success.
- Facebook / Instagram Ads Mindmap – Thanks to all the demographic data Facebook mines from us, their ad platform is able to pinpoint specific market segments across age, gender, location and more. This mindmap contains 40+ Social Media ad themes that we use throughout the year to generate leads directly from social media.
- [PRIVATE – Email Access Only] Sales Lead Follow-up Prompts and Schedule – Use these prompts and timeline to follow up with your non-converted leads.
- [PRIVATE – Email Access Only] $299 LASIK Inquiry Redirect Word Track – $299 LASIK advertising miseducates your market. Here’s how to re-educate and get them back on track quickly when they inquire about cheap LASIK.
- [PRIVATE – Email Access Only] Text Template Grab Bag for Scheduling Appointments – Texting is becoming a vital tool in prospect communication. Use these text templates to set yourself up for success when reaching out to a prospect.
- [PRIVATE – Email Access Only] Web Lead Voicemail Cheat Sheet – Don’t leave boring voicemails that don’t get answered. Use this cheat sheet to convey energy and create curiosity for your prospects.
5 Online Marketing Tools that Save Me Time and Headache
- Asana for Project Management – I’ve used plenty of project management software, and this one is hands-down the best.
- Buffer for Social Media Posts and Monitoring – Buffer is one of the original 3rd party social media posting and monitoring tools, and it’s still one of my favorites. Robust feature set, low monthly price, and even a mobile app.
- ClickFunnels for easy landing pages – Forget about paying big bucks to your web team every time you need a simple landing page for a campaign. This tool makes it super easy, with NO coding required.
- GetPocket for easy bookmarking – I needed a super fast and easy way to bookmark articles, videos, web pages and more online for future reference. Pocket is a an awesome tool for this, and even allows me to tag posts as a way to categorize them for quick reference later.
- ConvertKit for Email Marketing – The two biggest qualities I look for in an email marketing tool – ease of use and powerful features. Most fall into one category OR the other. ConvertKit is the perfect blend of power and user-friendliness.
5 Podcasts I Don’t Miss
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Tim deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines for his listeners to use.
- The Truth About Marketing – Weekly behind-the-scenes interviews with top names in direct response marketing and copywriting.
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe – Remember Paul Harvey’s “The Rest of the Story” radio segments? If you liked those, you’ll love what Mike does here. Short, sweet and always entertaining.
- Perpetual Traffic by DigitalMarketer – Actionable advice for generating more leads and sales for your practice through channels like Facebook advertising.
- Marketing Secrets with Russell Brunson – Daily show in which Russell explores different aspects of persuasion marketing that helped his company grow to $300+ million without any outside funding.
5 Must-Read Books on the Art of Persuasion for the Modern Medical Marketer
- Influence by Robert Cialdini – The original persuasion hand book. A must read if you want new ways to make your marketing and sales more effective.
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson – Excellent guide for differentiating yourself from your competitors. (this is special link for you to claim a free copy of the book)
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss – Excellent lessons on negotiation and team building from one of the FBI’s most prolific hostage negotiators.
- Forbidden Keys to Persuasion by Blair Warren – Why are cult leaders so persuasive? Learn how you can apply their persuasion tactics to ethically attract new patients.
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes – A master’s level guide to business development and practice growth.