On this page, you’ll find my best essays on my current areas of focus – Sales Coaching and Booking More High-Ticket Patients. The central question that drives my work is, “Where are my clients leaking opportunity in their Patient Journeys, and how can we use training, technology or both to plug these holes?”
“That doesn’t sound too exciting, Troy.” Agreed. But doing the boring work is what works. (see the “do the boring work” essay in the list below).
Ready to dive in? Use the categories below to browse my best essays.
Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs (if you want to be the best and the busiest)
- Is your practice getting “Amazon’d”? How to Tell If You’re Accidentally Marketing for Your Competition
- ”Alexa Mode” is costing you new patients right now
- The Dangers of “Being Competitive” with Your Pricing
- Stop allowing your prospects to eat ice cream for dinner.
- No one is “just browsing”
- No, Your Patients Do Not Need Options
- How to Avoid This Critical “Efficiency Mistake”
- No, the Patient Does Not Come First
Build a Rock-Solid Champion Mindset Your Team Needs to Reach the Level of Practice Growth You Want
- Does your sales team need “money perspective”?
- Focus your team on The Job not just “their job” (common mistake)
- You Qualify Your Patients (not the other way around)
- Sometimes you have to borrow belief
- The Customer Service Bar is *so* low these days… (1 of 3)
- What Good Customer Service *Feels* Like (2 of 3)
- Customer Service Q: Are Great Results Good *Enough*? (3 of 3)
- Want the big wins? Do the boring work.
Tactical Tips to Fill Your Surgery Schedule with Premium Patients
- A confused mind never buys
- 4 Natural Ways to Build Rapid Rapport
- Use This Simple Mindset Shift for More Confidence with Prospective Patients
- Sick of prospects “Shopping Around”? Read this…
- “We don’t use the word ‘sales’ in our practice…” (1 of 3)
- The 3-step sales process you’re using (and don’t even know it) (2 of 3)
- Sales vs. Communications – is there even a difference? (3 of 3)
Business Lessons and Insights from My Personal Life
- Why we must play a Complete Game
- Being in your own head = Being in your own way
- Crucial reminder from Apple’s latest hit show
- This Grandpa Destroyed Me in Racquetball
- ⚾️ The Big League Hitter’s Guide to Booking More Consults
- Olympics Lesson – Preserve Your Prospects’ Momentum